Friday, March 10, 2017

DIY Picture Hanging


I realize we aren't breaking any new ground with this wall hanging/frame, but for the $3 I spent, it's made a huge impact in our bedroom. You may remember that I made a similar frame for my in-laws when I designed their bedroom last winter. 
This is a great option if you don't want to spend the money on an expensive custom frame, or if you are in my situation and trying to hide something on your wall (old sconce wires left by a previous tenant) that is protruding out and a regular frame won't do (whether it's leaning against the wall or hanging on the wall). All you need?


- two small fish eye hooks
- staple gun
- two wooden pieces for framing (I got mine at Home depot and asked them to cut it for me there)
- twine for hanging

* We put the fish eye hooks in one wooden piece first (each equa-distant from the ends), and then stapled the picture to the back of the wooden pieces. The final step is to tie the twine between the fish eye hooks and then to hang the picture. The whole process took us about 15 minutes





0 comments: